This position will reside in Bend, Oregon.
At Kollective we are customer obsessed – delighting our customers and making them successful is one of our most important tasks. The Customer Success Manager will focus on the delight and retention of our over six million subscribers, ultimately driving revenue & customer expansion. You will be the champion for ensuring Kollective’s customers’ end-to-end lifecycle experience is exceptional. You will partner with sales, customer support, operations, marketing, product, and engineering to develop and execute on your customer needs and strategy from all angles of the business. This is a new and challenging role that requires exceptional customer centricity, team building, a motivational style and analytical skills.
We are looking for a Technical Consultant (pre/post sales), someone that can work in a fast-paced environment that spans all aspects of the customer life cycle; presales, discovery, ramp-up, technical account management and support escalation. This position will work intimately with the sales, customer success, product management, engineering and support teams to ensure our customers have a best-in-class experience.
- Working with Kollective’s Fortune 2000 customers to ensure solutions are deployed successfully and on time, implementing any custom requirements and exceeding the customer’s quality expectations
- Presenting and demonstrating Kollective's newest solutions and assisting customers in adoption
- Effectively communicating product requirements from the field back to Product Management
- Working closely with account executives and providing technical leadership to develop new business for Kollective Technology’s solutions for the Fortune 1000
- Understanding the customer's business and technology requirements and aligning the appropriate Kollective Technology solution to meet customer needs
- Presenting and demonstrating Kollective Technology's solutions to Customer stakeholders at technical and business presentations
- Creating technical proposals and RFP responses for Customers and prospects which present Kollective Technology solutions and benefits
- Effectively communicating product requirements from the field back into product management/engineering
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent related field
- 3-5 years of Sales Engineering and System Engineering experience
- Experience and ownership of problem solving, solution development, and troubleshooting in customer environments
- Ability to debug web pages with browser tools, and network traces with Wireshark, etc
- Background in enterprise networking including LAN, WAN, Firewalls, Proxies, unicast/multicast, NAT, VPNs etc.
- Experience in security and authentication systems including SSO, SAML, Active Directory, LDAP, ADFS, Group Policy Objects
- Understanding of server-side technologies including Web Servers (Apache, IIS) and Databases (MySQL)
- Experience in video technologies including video codecs (H.264, Flash), video streaming (RTSP, RTMP, HLS, Smooth, Dash) and Video Encoders
- Understanding of CDN and caching solutions
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Experience in a software development organization using tools such as Atlassian stack including JIRA, Confluence and BitBucket
- Demonstrable ability to rapidly learn new tools and technologies
- Exceptional time management and organization, and the ability to manage a predefined project or process requiring the participation and assistance of individuals from multiple functional areas
- The ability to understand the business needs of customers and to explain how our solution can meet their needs at all levels, technical through to “C” Level
- Speak/Read/Write English and Spanish is a plus
- Domestic travel will vary but could be as much as 50% or more some months
- Desirable Qualifications, but not required
- Appropriate network or security related qualifications (e.g. Cisco CCNA/CCNP)
- Appropriate Microsoft qualifications (e.g. MTA, MCSA, MCSE)
- Other Professional level qualifications (e.g. PRINCE, ITIL, PMP)
The largest, most successful, global companies trust Kollective Technology to power their Enterprise Live and On-Demand video delivery, serving millions of users worldwide. From its software defined enterprise content delivery network (SD ECDN) to related IT tools like Network Readiness Testing and Network Analytics, Kollective drives a powerful ROI and makes the flexibility of software defined networking a reality.
Do you have a desire to put your skills into practice in a small company serving over a hundred of the world’s largest corporations? Are you a big picture thinker who pays attention to the smallest of details? Are you a hands-on leader willing to go the extra mile and do what it takes to reach your goals? Join a rapidly growing company at the cutting edge of large-scale content delivery and make a real impact.