Network Operations Center Administrator
This position will reside in Santa Clara, California.
- Handles daily systems administration tasks.
- Provides support for Linux machines in the NOC.
- Debugs issues in the production cloud environment.
- Installs and configures software.
- Performs regular backups for critical data.
- Responsible for handling issues raised by monitoring software before they become critical.
- Reviews logs to help debug system issues.
- NOC Administrator will also spend significant time in colocation facilities working on hardware issues; responsibilities include racking servers, exchanging tape media, replacing failed hardware, cabling equipment, etc.
- Education: Typically requires a BS/BA degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
- Industry Experience: 1-3 years’ experience as a Linux system administrator.
- Knowledge of CentOS Linux operating system from a technical viewpoint.
- Experience using and configuring Nagios.
- Knowledge of and experience with RPMs, Apache, Tomcat, DNS, Nagios, Cacti
- Ensures 24/7 availability of the Kollective service by identifying risks and performance bottlenecks before they become service-impacting
- Experience with VMWare
- Experience with and appreciation for Configuration Management
- Familiar with data backup tools (Amanda and BackupExec).
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP as a network protocol
- Basic knowledge of Internet application protocols
- Strong knowledge of Dell server hardware including diagnosing and troubleshooting hardware failures to the replaceable module level.
- Comfort with operating in a data center environment
- Communication Skills: Good oral and written communication skills with good telephone support ability. Able to communicate with user(s) on technical and non-technical issues.
- Project Management: Able to manage projects from planning stage to completion. Can manage and complete multiple open tasks efficiently and effectively in an interrupt-driven environment.
- Must possess a ‘customer support’ attitude containing skills such as being responsive to customer requirements and the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The largest, most successful, global companies trust Kollective Technology to power their Enterprise Live and On-Demand video delivery, serving millions of users worldwide. From its software defined enterprise content delivery network (SD ECDN) to related IT tools like Network Readiness Testing and Network Analytics, Kollective drives a powerful ROI and makes the flexibility of software defined networking a reality.
Do you have a desire to put your skills into practice in a small company serving over a hundred of the world’s largest corporations? Are you a big picture thinker who pays attention to the smallest of details? Are you a hands-on leader willing to go the extra mile and do what it takes to reach your goals? Join a rapidly growing company at the cutting edge of large-scale content delivery and make a real impact.