Senior Systems Administrator
This position will reside in Bend, Oregon.
Kollective is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator / Site Reliability Engineer to help architect, automate, and maintain the global infrastructure that supports our customer-facing products. Join a rapidly growing company specializing in enterprise video delivery and end video applications. We are at the cutting edge of content delivery at large scale, serving many Global 2000 customers.
- 5+ years systems administration experience in a production environment
- BS/BA degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience
- Administrating CentOS/RHEL in a large, automated HA deployment environment
- Solid knowledge of and experience with Apache, Tomcat, DNS, NFS, and MySQL in production, using HA best practices
- Experience deploying and administrating Java web applications
- Experience with virtualization – VMWare vSphere, vSAN and ESX in particular
- Knowledge of Dell server hardware, including diagnosing and troubleshooting hardware failures to the replaceable module level
Highly Desired Skills
- Experience writing and maintaining clean, extensible Ansible playbooks and roles in a version-controlled environment (Git)
- Experience working closely with a software engineering team
- Experience deploying containers in a production environment, Kubernetes in particular
- Experience with monitoring technologies such as Nagios, writing service checks.
- Experience with compliance: SOC2, SOX, PCI, ISO27001
- Experience with Cloud Native Services
- Adaptability: Able to digest new technologies and apply them quickly and safely in a high-paced environment
- Detail Oriented: Develops plans and follows procedures accurately
- Project Management: Ability to manage projects from planning through completion. You can manage and complete multiple open tasks efficiently in an interrupt-driven environment
- Communication Skills: Able to effectively communicate with co-workers and customers on technical and non-technical issues. You share and document the processes and procedures you use to administer the environment.
- Must possess a customer support attitude, including skills such as being responsive to customer requirements.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The largest, most successful, global companies trust Kollective Technology to power their Enterprise Live and On-Demand video delivery, serving millions of users worldwide. From its software defined enterprise content delivery network (SD ECDN) to related IT tools like Network Readiness Testing and Network Analytics, Kollective drives a powerful ROI and makes the flexibility of software defined networking a reality.
Do you have a desire to put your skills into practice in a small company serving over a hundred of the world’s largest corporations? Are you a big picture thinker who pays attention to the smallest of details? Are you a hands-on leader willing to go the extra mile and do what it takes to reach your goals? Join a rapidly growing company at the cutting edge of large-scale content delivery and make a real impact.